Quick Create Form is a feature within Microsoft Dynamics CRM which is an effective way to create new records such as activities, leads, accounts, cases, and a lot more. As only ‘bare-bones’ information is entered, it is an ideal way to plan on returning to the new record soon, and add more detail. Whereas, sometimes, it is needed to create new records with complete data on the first go-around. In this particular cases, the System Administrator has to disable the Quick Create Forms feature. This is totally implemented on the basis of CRM entities.
How to Do It?
In this instance, you will learn how to use the Quick Create Form feature for making a new Account Record. Next, you will learn how to disable the Account Quick Create Form because it will not be used.
First things first, How Quick Create works in Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM
- To access the Quick Create selector screen and to see how it works, click the +Create button at the top of the screen.
- Fill in the form with the necessary details and click on the Save button. Make sure that the new Account record will have only the limited data you can enter on the Quick Create screen.
Disabling Quick Create Forms in Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- To disable the Accounts Quick Create form, begin by going to the Solution Editor screen in the Customization area for CRM.
- You will find it by clicking on Settings and then by clicking on Customization on the Navigation.
- On the Solution Customization navigation pane, expand Entities on the tree, click on the “Account” entity.
- Scroll down and find the “Allow Quick Create” item. Then, uncheck the box.
- Click on the Save button.